Saturday, May 10, 2008

Proof I LOVE them MORE!
























Its a well known fact that I LOVE the template/system skirt, it's true, because any of you who have seen posts from me over the last year and a half will remember the 'It's my foot up your bum' post I did at Appearance Mode HERE - once you click it you need to click on Updates , or perhaps this one HERE , that was the 'Munching the Flowers' post- looking back at old posts blew my mind, so glad Garbage kept them ♥

Regardless of either, I do LOVE LOVE LOVE them, and recently Jhuzen Ketsugo started a discussion at Fashion Finds at Phils Place on this topic, as to whether you love or hate them.

Of course I was all about the love, so I decided to revisit some older looks and mix in some New ones.

This first look is a mix of one of my favourite system skirt sets, and a heavenly blouse I remembered I got stale transactions on a few weeks back and just HAD to go back and get - you so needed that info :P .

The Feral Set by First Impressions is the Jacket and Skirt part of this look, there is also its own silk blouse in a bold burgundy print, but I opted for a change.

The skirt length and style is perfect, and the jacket I adore, I often wear it without a shirt underneath, because its Yummy that way.

The blouse is the Mars Shirt from Fleur, and as soon as I saw it it was instant LOVE, but it was a sunday and you know what that usually means, but I didn't forget it, so yesterday when doing this post I jumped back off the stand and grabbed it.


Yet again I am so glad that I didn't have it sooner, because for this its just PERFECT!. I love love love Grandpa collar shirts , and the seams down the front and across the chest, the whole structure of this blouse is heaven. Mind you until the jacket came off I didn't realise how sheer it is - lol cheeky Roslin.


Thank goodness for the April Lingerie set in white from Insolence , as the bra was just perfect for underneath. Now that the jacket is off you see how incredible the system skirt is from First Impressions, Pukk Abel does wonderful shading on her skirts, so you look sleek and sophisticated .

For accessories I went with the lovely Black Stitch Handbag Silver Overnighter from House of Nyla , this bag comes in three sizes, an evening bag for formal occasions , a day bag and this yummy big overnighter. The shoes are the yummy Estella heels from Tesla, the little bows at the back give them an extra pretty feel , with a classic Mary Janes style.

The hair is Jolleen another of the incredible 1L styles from ETD , again for a chic look this style is wonderful . The skin mmmmmmmmmmmmm the fabulously talented Ashia Tomsen of Ashia Designs made this for me as a present ,its called *AD* Timeless- Special Edition- The Sass *giggles* , a beautiful gift and such glorious make-up , Ashia has so many incredible skins in her store , you really need to go look and DEMO DEMO DEMO , and she does do custom work when she can .
This next dress is also from Fleur, I couldn't leave it behind, it was begging to be mine, and so appropriate for the post I had in mind, that this is more of the new.

It is the Avril Dress, and the skirt is made to be actually more flared but as its mod I did tighten it, and I love it both ways. There is also a blue version if pink isnt your thing, but its soooo pretty.

I went with a daytime look for it, but its such a retro frock look for spring dances and such, so lots of versatility.

I remembered that I hadn't shown you yet the incredible 10L store Lace Boleros by Bare Rose, shame on me. Absolutely incredible lace work on this, and the price is sensational- these are the kinds of things that due to Bare Rose being transfer you could have a supply of them, and when your friend just needs that 'little something extra' you will be prepared.

OMG or even BETTERER MEN MEN MEN OMG *has a girly fit* OMG Guys *beckons you over and whispers* go buy these and next time you are out for the night with your partner OMG this is priceless, and its a beautiful night and she has bare shoulders, pull out one of these OMG I WOULD DIE ! has a gigglefit , seriously you know its true ladies, if your guy did that it would be instant LOVE - I am going to giggle about that all day now lol. If anyone does it they BETTER tell me lol.

With all this pretty pretty, I had to reach for my Fleur Vivant Bronze Blossom 3, I adore this skins make up, its just so soft and so feminine, just the look you need when frocking up. The shoes are from Enkythings, the Nana heels you already know I love, that do go from day casual dressy to formal dressy soooooooooooo well, and perfection for lingerie.

Hair is adorable too, the Sonia style, yet another ETD 1L fatpack style, tightly bound and beautiful. Accessories wise I wanted something vintage looking or traditional in style, and the Pearl Set from Dark Mouse at Whimsical Creations was just perfect, and look at those tiny prims and detailing, wow . The necklace, earrings and bracelet were the set made for the Wheelies fundraiser, so I am not sure if they are up in the store still but I know there are other wonderful sets there.

Lastly an old favourite, and another way system skirts can be made to look absolutely incredible, is the Blue Nyte Cocktail Dress from House of Nyla .

How I managed to take six photos and not one of the back I have no clue at all, but the back of the stunning floral corset is laced up and fabulous. System skirt done in a drape style, with the addition of side prims to continue the gathered and draped look, with beautiful floral adornments.

Its a stunner and always has been, the shoes also from House of Nyla are the Onyx Beaded Heels, and just like Nyla's real life designs, they are incredibly handcrafted.

This is that great use of system skirts I go on and on about in its finest form, you dont have to go tight and smooth, be creative like this, and people will soon get over their system skirt insanity :P- I wont get over mine though because mine is all for the LOVE LOVE LOVE.

The skin is []::Tuli::[] S5 medium ~ classic 1 and was a gift at skin fair, but as far as I know is part of her line and really lovely. As I often say :P go out and grab demos, if you see demos when you are out , grab them lol, even if you aren't looking for a skin at the time, it cant hurt to know what looks good on you for the future, and you never know, you might fall in love. The hair is the Anisa style from ETD a beautiful updo , and the Casablanca set earrings, and of course all the Hair Roses are from Essentia .

So there you see is just a smidge of my system skirt love, I have sooooooo many, but wanted to show my old and new and some different looks utilising their brilliance. I often think that many people have been put off by them from old old old freebies sets, that were always too short and flared ,a nd because of that can't find the love on newer styles.

Also for the record lol, my bum used to be 16 and now its 26 and I have never ever had a skirt shape lol.

xox Sasy xox


Always thankful for

Essentia for my Beautiful Hair Roses and Jewelry many pieces of which I have watched being made, and had the pleasure of wearing first as they are custom fit to my shape-I'm blessed.

Nuclear Boutique for my lovely Lashes that I wear when I think of it and because Ari is awesome.

My Posestand is by VR and available on OnRez HERE!, not only does it have hide/show, but also has 3 options for changing poses, lights built in you command on/off in chat, and it rezzes a prim sphere around you that allows you to turn your camera 360 degrees and take pics without moving your stand, the sphere also changes colour on chat command too, its brilliant!.

My eyes which I get complimented on all the time are from Minnu Model Skins the MMS Green which I love.

Poses and Stands always used by me while taking pics, even if some end up on cutting room floor:
Maitreya
Digital Dragon Designs
Pixeldolls Empire Dress AO poses
Happy Dispatch
Juicy
Grapevine
Mela's
[LAP] Long Akward Pose
ANIMAH

1 comment:

Efemera Bisiani said...

/me loves loves loves her latest system skirt outfit from one of the most fabulous friends a girl can have! Mwwwwwwah!

(Well, the latest until I make it to Fleur!)