Friday, April 11, 2008

Newtown isn't in the Country

When I was little, as silly as this may sound -but you should be used to my silly by now, I used to think that places with town at the end of the name meant that they were a long way away- laughs because that just seems sillier typing it.

I am a city girl, and I don't know why; as I said, but it just seemed in tv and movies it was always little places that were towns lol.
Why am I babbling about this you wonder? welllllll Truth Hawks' friend Ignite Nightfire has released a NEW pair of FABULOUS corkie wedges this week, and both of those boys are city slickers like me, and as they are both from the same city as me... we all know that Newtown is so far from being country its not even funny.
These are the fab Newtown Wedges and as soon as I saw the cork wedge I bounced in glee all over Truths IM box lol -but shhhh don't tell him.

This court shoe style rounded toe, stacked on top of the incredible sand coloured cork is just pure YUMMY!

Not only do they come in this rich vibrant colours, but there is also a texture change version. So instead of having to fish around in numerous folders you have one delicious option you can click on and just change which makes dressing so much easier.

They are available this weekend at TRUTH and Ignite's talent just astounds me, damm him lol, you will remember he is the aussie behind the Arcane skins that are now also in TRUTHS Store, so go and grab the shoes and the demos.

OMG ok this is true story and I was just about to tell you about my all time favourite pair of RL wedge corkies that were denim and I used to wear everywhere, and remembered that I fell in them once on the edge of the footpath as it was cracked and the whole sole snapped off them, I was devastated but just realised THAT happened in Newtown lmao ok thats too bizarre- and for Sydneysiders that know Newtown footpaths, you will know how not uncommon landing on your bum in public is around there lol.

What is also bizarre for coincidences, is that I was going to blog these first thing this morning and had taken the shoe shots when I got an IM from Faery Sola of Studio Sidhe , she has made her FIRST pants ever, and she is also an aussie like us, so fate I tell ya that the colours of these incredible High Waist pants are the same colours as the Newtown Wedges- my blogging life is surreal.



For a start FIRST PANTS EVER, and they are divine- we wont even talk about my silly not realising there was a jacket layer part to give the high waist at first, I was too intrigued over the fabric and those sensational piped seam lines at the front.

The rough linen fabric and overall detailing is pure vintage, these are the pants our mummies wore and some of your grandmothers, depending on your age.

The colours available are rich and deep, and again FIRST PANTS EVER! I really cant get over that, I cant wait to see more of these creations come from Faery, she is gifted definitely and this might be a new direction for her, which I am hoping grows and grows.

The pants were created for the Redstick International Animation Festival, and should be in the store today. I am wearing the cross over halter top by Camie Cooper from It's all Good which from what I remember comes in a pack - typed tan in search inventory- I wanted to use a bit of that light tan colour to accentuate the cork in the shoes.

The skin is the fabulous NEW Generation4 skin MMSLight-makeup6a by Minnu Model Skins, and the hair is Babe 3 from Gurl 6, which is a great flexi style.

Make sure you check out Studio Sidhe and Truth as soon as you can, there are lots of goodies to be got.

have a fab weekend everyone

xoxo Sasy xoxo


Always thankful for:

Essentia for my Beautiful Hair Roses and Jewelry many pieces of which I have watched being made, and had the pleasure of wearing first as they are custom fit to my shape-I'm blessed.

Nuclear Boutique for my lovely Lashes that I wear when I think of it and because Ari is awesome.

My Posestand is by VR and available on OnRez HERE!, not only does it have hide/show, but also has 3 options for changing poses, lights built in you command on/off in chat, and it rezzes a prim sphere around you that allows you to turn your camera 360 degrees and take pics without moving your stand, the sphere also changes colour on chat command too, its brilliant!.

My eyes which I get complimented on all the time are from Minnu Model Skins the MMS Green which I love.

Poses and Stands always used by me while taking pics, even if some end up on cutting room floor:
Maitreya
Digital Dragon Designs
Pixeldolls Empire Dress AO poses
Happy Dispatch
Juicy
Grapevine
Poseur
[LAP] Long Akward Pose
ANIMAH

1 comment:

Arianna Psaltery said...

ooo got to get those shoes :)